Sunday, 15 October 2023

Red Bomb 红炸弹

Singapore - Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel (Red House Seafood)

新加坡 — 国敦河畔大酒店(小红楼)


Attend my student's wedding today.

今天参加了我学生的婚礼。


Taught him and his brothers for a good ten years and his family considers me as a family friend.

教他和他的弟弟们整整十年,他家人也把我当成了家庭朋友。


From an ignorant teenager, grown up to be a man and from today onwards also a husband.

从一个懵懂的少年,长大成人,更在今天以后成为人夫婿。


Singaporean Chinese still retain the custom of serving tea to their elders at weddings.

新加坡华族还保留着在婚礼上向长辈敬茶的习俗。


I rarely attend wedding due to social anxiety.

我极少参加婚礼,因为我社恐。


I was assigned to sit at the same table as the groom's colleagues and bride's former colleagues.

我被安排与新郎的同事及新娘的前同事坐同一桌。

When asked if I was guest of the groom or the bride? 

被问到我是新郎还是新娘的嘉宾?

I answered that I was the groom's tutor, the CPUs of other guests at the same table burnt instantly! 

我回答我是新郎的补习老师,同桌其他嘉宾的CPU秒烧!

When they heard this, they all exclaimed.

他们一听,惊呼起来!

I guess they must be thinking that "tutor" is "product" of childhood, so how can anyone still keep in touch with him after all these years?

我猜想他们肯定觉得“补习老师”是孩童时期的“产物”,怎么还有人在多年后还会保持联系呢?

This should be the most gratifying thing for all teachers.

这应该是所有老师最欣慰的事。

P/S: Red bomb is a wedding invitation, those who attend the wedding banquet will give generously in red packet as a blessing gift.

注:红炸弹既是喜帖,出席婚宴者会赠送丰厚红包作为祝福礼。

No comments:

Post a Comment