Sunday, 19 June 2022

Ba Ba Son 爸爸囝

Singapore

新加坡

Today is the annual Father's Day again.

今天又是一年一度的父亲节。

Why does the beginning of the article look familiar?

文章开头怎么看起来似曾相识?

That is right, it is exactly the same as the beginning of "Ma Ma Girl"!

对啦,就跟《妈妈囡》的开头一模一样啦!

That is because I must be fair to both parents.

那是因为我必须对父母双方公平。


My father is a jealous king! 

我爸可是个醋王!

I like vinegar, it is probably inherited from my father. 

我那么爱吃醋应该就是遗传了我爸。

We treat our mom well, and my father gets jealous thinking we are not nice to him.

我们对我妈好,我爸也会吃醋,觉得我们没对他那么好。

I remember when I was a child, my father always left home early and came back late.

记得小时候,我爸都是早出晚归。

I once asked my mom, "How father look like?"

我还一度问我妈,“爸到底长什么样?”

When we were young, we were seldom beaten by our parents.

小时候,我们很少被父母打。

Except for occasionally inviting us to her rattan feast, my mom only scolded just a few words most of the time.

我妈除了偶尔请我们吃她的藤条飨宴,大多时也只是骂几句就算了。

But when my father hit, his famous "Iron Sand Palms", those five palm prints would stay on our puny bodies for a few days!

但是,当我爸一出手,他闻名遐迩的“铁砂掌”,那五掌印会在我们弱小的身躯呆上几天!

Taking my father out is like taking a kid out because he is constantly looking for the loo.

带我爸出门就像带小孩出门,因为他经常找厕所。

So I often feel that he is more like my son.

所以我时常觉得他更像是我儿子。

My father is an old stubborn, very smatter, smart alec, so he is always scolded by me.

我爸是个老顽固、最爱不懂装懂、假厉害的人,所以常常被我骂。

Although I often scold him, but my intention is for his own good.

虽然我经常骂他,但我的出发点是为他好的。

Happy Father’s Day and good health my dearest BaBa.

父亲节快乐及身体健康我敬爱的爸爸。

P/S: The Chinese word 醋 can mean jealousy or vinegar.

注:吃醋可以理解为嫉妒

No comments:

Post a Comment