Sunday 9 May 2021

Owe 欠

Singapore

新加坡

It is Mother’s Day again.

又是母亲节。

This year Mother’s Day is particularly worrying.

今年的母亲节过得特别揪心。

It has been months since my mother was admitted to the hospital due to an emergency.

事因我妈妈突发状况而入院已个把月了。

Some time ago, her condition went back and forth, and was in and out of High Dependency Unit several times.

前些时候她的病情一度反反复复,进出重症病房几次。

Thanks to God’s blessing that my mother was able to escape danger.

多亏上苍保佑,我妈妈才得以脱离危险。

Recently the hospital had COVID-19 infectious cluster, so the hospital was locked down; I have not been able to visit my mother for a while.

最近医院爆出有冠病感染群,所以医院被封锁了;我也已经有一段时间没得探望我的妈妈了。


When we grow up, it also means that our parents are also getting old.

当我们长大时,这也意味着我们的父母也渐渐老去。

In our lifetime, we owe our parents more than anyone else.

我们这一生,欠谁都没欠父母的多。

The love of parents for their children is selfless.

父母对子女的爱是无私的。

We will not be able to repay the favors given to us by our parents during their lifetime.

我们无法偿还父母一生中给予我们的恩惠。

Parents nag at us because they love us and fear that we will be hurt.

父母唠叨我们是因为疼我们、怕我们受到伤害。

When your ears suddenly feel so quiet one day, that is the day we no longer be able to find another loving and familiar voice to nag at us.

当某一天我们的耳根突然清静时,我们再也找不回那把即慈爱又熟悉的声音来唠叨自己了。

In this world, only our parents will love us wholeheartedly without asking anything in return.

在这个世界上,只有我们的父母会全心全意地爱我们,而不会要求任何回报。

As the saying goes: The tree may crave calm but the wind will not abate, the child may desire filial piety but the parents are not around. 

古语有云:树欲静而风不止,子欲养而亲不待。

Cherish while your loved ones are still there, not wait until they are gone then sigh and regret.

要珍惜眼前人,莫待至亲离世徒感慨。

No comments:

Post a Comment