Wednesday, 15 April 2026

First Seventh Day 头七

Singapore - Mandai Crematorium and Columbarium

新加坡 — 万礼火化场与骨灰瓮安置所

Today marks the seventh day since my mommy left us.

今天是我妈咪离开我们的头七。


Since it coincides with the Qingming Festival, you need to make an appointment to drive to the columbarium.

由于正值清明节,前往骨灰瓮安置所需要提前预约才能开车去。


I am surprisingly calm when I visit my mommy today.

今天来看妈咪时竟然出奇的平静。


The first thing to do when worshipping mommy is to worship the Earth God.

拜祭妈咪的第一件事是拜拜土地公。


Bought the vegetarian food and tea that my mother liked when she was alive, hoping she could "eat" them.

买了妈咪生前喜欢吃的素食和茶,希望她能“吃”到。


After the worship ceremony, the offerings were moved downstairs.

拜祭完毕后,就把供品移到楼下。


Finally, burn the paper money, gold and silver joss paper for my mommy.

最后,烧掉给妈妈的纸钱、金银冥纸。

Tuesday, 14 April 2026

Pain 痛

Singapore - Khoo Teck Puat Hospital A&E

新加坡 — 邱德拔医院急诊室

My mommy passed away suddenly, and after crying for several days, my eyes began to hurt.

我的妈咪突然去世,哭了几天后,眼睛开始疼痛。

Because I injured my eye last year, my sister suggested that I go to the emergency department to see a doctor and have it checked out.

因为我去年眼睛受伤了,我妹妹建议我去急诊室看医生检查一下。


After a series of tests, the doctor finally said that everything was normal.

经过一系列检查,医生最终表示一切正常。

To avoid putting extra strain on my eyes, I need to manage my emotions.

为了避免给眼睛增加额外的负担,我需要控制自己的情绪。

Monday, 13 April 2026

Semi-Orphan 半个孤儿

Singapore

新加坡

On April 9, 2026, my beloved mommy suddenly passed away, leaving me a semi-orphan.

2026年4月9日,我挚爱的妈咪突然去世,使我成了半个孤儿。


My beloved mommy passed away peacefully.

我挚爱的妈咪是在很安详的情况下往生的。


My mommy was very introverted and did not have many friends, but her friend came to see her off on her final journey.

妈咪性格很内向,朋友不多,但她的朋友来送她走完人生最后一程。


My aunts and my second uncle's family also came to see my mommy off on her final journey.

我的姑姑们、二舅一家来送妈咪走完人生最后一程。


No matter how reluctant we were, we could only watch helplessly as our beloved mommy took this final step.

无论我们多么不情愿,我们都只能眼睁睁地看着我们挚爱的妈咪迈出这最终一步。


My dearest mommy had turned into a wisp of smoke and returned to heaven.

我最亲爱的妈咪化作一缕轻烟,回到了天堂。


All that mommy left behind in this world was this pile of bones.

妈咪遗留在人世间的就剩下这堆白骨。


Mommy's ashes were placed in an urn.

妈咪的骨灰被装进了骨灰瓮。


From now on, my dearest mommy will be settled here.

从今以后我最亲爱的妈咪就安置在此

Wednesday, 1 April 2026

Red Cycling Path 红色自行车道

Singapore

新加坡

Red cycling paths in Singapore are designed to distinctly separate cyclists from pedestrians, improving safety and visibility.

新加坡的红色自行车道旨在将骑自行车的人与行人明显分开,从而提高安全性和可见性。


From 1 July 2025, cyclists in Singapore will be prohibited from riding on footpaths next to dedicated cycling paths, which will be transformed into "Pedestrian-Only Paths".

从 2025 年 7 月 1 日起,新加坡的骑自行车者将被禁止在专用自行车道旁边的行人道上骑行,这些自行车道将被改造成“行人专用道”。

Violators face fines of up to S$2000, imprisonment for up to three months, or both.

违者将面临最高2000新元的罚款、最高三个月的监禁,或两者并罚。

These rules improve safety for seniors and children.

这些规定旨在提高老年人和儿童的安全。