Tuesday, 9 August 2022

Singapore’s 57th Birthday 新加坡57岁生日

Singapore

新加坡

After a long two years of restrictions due to COVID-19, Singaporeans once again came together to celebrate the National Day.

在因冠病而受到长达两年的限制之后,新加坡人再次齐聚在一起庆祝国庆日。


The past two years have not been easy.

这两年走来不易。

Fortunately, Singapore has an excellent government that has been doing everything in its power to help the people through waves of hardships.

幸运的是,新加坡有一个优秀的政府,一直竭尽全力帮助人民渡过一波又一波的难关。


Hope that the epidemic will pass soon and everyone can return to normal life.

希望疫情早日过去,大家又能恢复正常生活。

Here’s wishing Singapore a Happy 57th Birthday!

在此祝愿新加坡57岁生日快乐!

Wednesday, 20 July 2022

Second Booster 第二剂追加剂

Singapore

新加坡

It has been about five months since I got COVID-19 at the beginning of the year, and it is time for me to go for my second booster.

自年初得冠病至今大概有五个月了,现在正好去打第二剂追加剂。


In order to avoid crowds, I chose Monday evening to go to the vaccination centre.

为了避开人潮,挑礼拜一傍晚去接种中心。


The public receiving the second booster can choose between Pfizer or Modena.

施打第二剂追加剂的公众能自行选择辉瑞或摩德纳。

I took two doses of Pfizer and Modena as booster before, so I chose Modena as my second booster.

之前打了两剂的辉瑞与摩德纳追加剂,所以就再选摩德纳作为我的第二剂追加剂。


As usual the recipients had to wait in the observation area after vaccination, but this time it was only fifteen minutes compared to the previous half an hour.

跟往常一样,在接种疫苗后必须在观察区等待;但这次与之前的半小时相比,只需十五分钟。


Ever curious about whether the body would detect coronavirus after being vaccinated?

有没有好奇过打了疫苗后身体会否测到冠状病毒?

Deliberately did a rapid antigen test the next day.

故意在第二天做了快速抗原检测。

The result was negative. (Wathehaha)

结果是阴性的。(哇的哈哈)

Sunday, 19 June 2022

Ba Ba Son 爸爸囝

Singapore

新加坡

Today is the annual Father's Day again.

今天又是一年一度的父亲节。

Why does the beginning of the article look familiar?

文章开头怎么看起来似曾相识?

That is right, it is exactly the same as the beginning of "Ma Ma Girl"!

对啦,就跟《妈妈囡》的开头一模一样啦!

That is because I must be fair to both parents.

那是因为我必须对父母双方公平。


My father is a jealous king! 

我爸可是个醋王!

I like vinegar, it is probably inherited from my father. 

我那么爱吃醋应该就是遗传了我爸。

We treat our mom well, and my father gets jealous thinking we are not nice to him.

我们对我妈好,我爸也会吃醋,觉得我们没对他那么好。

I remember when I was a child, my father always left home early and came back late.

记得小时候,我爸都是早出晚归。

I once asked my mom, "How father look like?"

我还一度问我妈,“爸到底长什么样?”

When we were young, we were seldom beaten by our parents.

小时候,我们很少被父母打。

Except for occasionally inviting us to her rattan feast, my mom only scolded just a few words most of the time.

我妈除了偶尔请我们吃她的藤条飨宴,大多时也只是骂几句就算了。

But when my father hit, his famous "Iron Sand Palms", those five palm prints would stay on our puny bodies for a few days!

但是,当我爸一出手,他闻名遐迩的“铁砂掌”,那五掌印会在我们弱小的身躯呆上几天!

Taking my father out is like taking a kid out because he is constantly looking for the loo.

带我爸出门就像带小孩出门,因为他经常找厕所。

So I often feel that he is more like my son.

所以我时常觉得他更像是我儿子。

My father is an old stubborn, very smatter, smart alec, so he is always scolded by me.

我爸是个老顽固、最爱不懂装懂、假厉害的人,所以常常被我骂。

Although I often scold him, but my intention is for his own good.

虽然我经常骂他,但我的出发点是为他好的。

Happy Father’s Day and good health my dearest BaBa.

父亲节快乐及身体健康我敬爱的爸爸。

P/S: The Chinese word 醋 can mean jealousy or vinegar.

注:吃醋可以理解为嫉妒

Friday, 3 June 2022

Five Days Festival 五日节

China - Putian

中国 — 莆田

Today is the fifth day of the fifth lunar month, which is also the Duan Wu Festival.

今天是农历五月初五,也是端午节。

On the fifth day of the fifth lunar month in 278BC, the patriotic poet Qu Yuan committed suicide by throwing himself into the Miluo River.

公元前278年农历五月初五,爱国诗人屈原投汨罗江自尽。

Wherever there are Chinese people, zongzi are wrapped on this day to commemorate Qu Yuan.

凡有华人的地方,都会在这一天裹粽子来纪念屈原。

In China, the Duan Wu Festival is usually just a one-day celebration.

在中国,端午节通常只是一天的庆典。

But the Putian people celebrate the Duan Wu Festival as early as the first day of the fifth lunar month, and it lasts for five consecutive days.

但莆田人却早在农历五月初一就过端午节,而且还连续过个五天。

Duan Wu Festival is also known as Five Days Festival in Putian.

端午节在莆田也被称为五日节。

Putian people eat rice cakes on the first day of the fifth lunar month

莆田人农历五月初一会吃米糕。


Zongzi is eaten on the second day of the fifth lunar month.

农历五月初二吃粽子。


Snails are eaten on the third day of the fifth lunar month.

农历五月初三吃螺。


On the fourth day of the fifth lunar month, wormwood will be inserted at the door.

农历五月初四会将艾草插在门口。


Dragon boats are rowed on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month.

农历五月初五爬(划)龙船。


Putian people will clean themselves with the afternoon water and put on new clothes on this day.

莆田人会在这天洗午时水,换新衣。


Adults also hang tiger eggs for children.

大人也会给孩子挂虎蛋。


P/S: Duan Wu Festival is also known as Dragon Boat Festival, zongzi is dumplings.

Sunday, 15 May 2022

3-Steps-1-Bow 3步1拜

Singapore - Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery

新加坡 — 光明山普觉禅寺


After a lapse of two years, finally able to return to Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery to participate in the 3-steps-1-bow ceremony.

时隔两年,终于能够回到光明山普觉禅寺参与3步1拜仪式。


I was really happy when I got the ticket.

抢到票的当下真的太开心了。




It used to be a group of five, but now it is a group of three.

以往是五人一组,现在改成三人一组。




The organizer allowed devotees who participated in 3-steps-1-bow to take off their masks, but most of the participants still wore masks voluntarily.

大会允许参与
3步1拜的信众摘下口罩,但多数参与者还是自发的带着口罩。


Apart from showering the Buddha, devotees can also participate in lighting the lamp.

除了浴佛,信众也能参与点灯。



Every year, the organizer prepares hot noodles soup for the participants.

每年主办方都会为参与者准备热腾腾的汤面食。



In addition to the hot noodles soup, the organizer also serves ice cream, pastries and drinks.

除了热腾腾的汤面食,主办方也供应冰淇淋、糕点和饮料。



This year, the organizer also give devotees amulet necklaces.

今年主办方还送给信众佛牌项链。

Grateful.

感恩。

Sunday, 8 May 2022

Ma Ma Girl 妈妈囡

Singapore

新加坡

Today is the annual Mother’s Day again.

今天又是一年一度的母亲节。

Last year due to an emergency, we did not celebrate Mother’s Day.

去年因突发状况,所以没庆祝母亲节。

This year coincides with the government’s relaxation of epidemic prevention control, so we can finally celebrate Mother’s Day as a family again!

今年适逢政府放宽防疫管控,终于可以再次全家一起庆祝母亲节了!


Many years ago, there was an advertisement for McDonald's in Singapore, which created the McDonald's Granny.

多年前新加坡麦当劳有个广告,里头造就了一个麦当劳婆婆。

Her classic line was: "This is my youngest grandson, it is troublesome to bring him out, he only likes McDonald's."

她的经典台词是:“这是我孙子最小的,带他出来很麻烦,他只喜欢麦当劳。”

I like to tease my mom with this line: "This is my mom, the oldest..."

我爱用这台词作弄我妈说:“这是我妈,最老的。。。”

Then she will tease herself and say, "...it is troublesome to bring me out."

然后她就会调侃自己说:“。。。带我出来很麻烦。”

It is actually fine, no trouble.

其实还好啦,也没什么麻烦。

Although my mom needs a wheelchair to get around, I still travel with her.

虽然我妈出行需要轮椅代步,但我还是带着她到处旅行。

I always say that my mom is like my daughter.

我每次都说我妈就像我的囡囡。

I also always say that my mom is spoiled by me. (Wathehaha)

我也总是说我妈被我宠坏了。(哇的哈哈)

I consider myself as a filial but disobedient son.

我自认是个孝而不顺的儿子。

Although I love my mom very much, I do not follow everything according to her will; I often bicker with my mom.

虽然我很疼我妈妈,但我不是凡事都顺着她的意思去做;还会时常和我妈抬杠。

Sometimes my mom gets so angry with me and says, “I’m your mother, don’t really think that I’m your daughter!”

有时我妈被我气到说:“我可是你妈,别真的以为我是你女儿!”

In fact, my mom is such a cute old girl.

其实我妈就是这样一个可爱的老女孩。

When my mom was young, she was a melon seed-faced beauty.

我妈年轻时可是个瓜子脸的美女。

Before my mom got sick, she could write beautiful Chinese characters.

在我妈生病之前,她可写得一手漂亮的汉字。

My sister and I have inherited my mom's beautiful Spanish eyes.

我和我妹就继承了我妈妈美丽的西班牙眼睛。

Happy Mother’s Day and good health my dearest MiMi.

母亲节快乐及身体健康我最敬爱的咪咪。

Tuesday, 26 April 2022

COVID-19 Measures Ease 防疫措施松绑

Singapore

新加坡

Today's disease outbreak response level in Singapore is lower from orange to yellow. 

今天新加坡的疾病爆发应对水平从橙色降低至黄色。



So what changes can we expect?

那我们期待些什么样的变化呢?

There will be no limit to capacity for large events; group sizes.

大型活动的容量;团体人数,没有限制。

All can return to workplace and employees may remove masks when they are not interacting with others.

所有人都可以返回工作场所,员工在不与他人互动时可以摘下口罩。

No need to scan for TraceTogether and SafeEntry except for events with more than 500 people at any one time and some nightlife spots.

无需扫描 TraceTogether 和 SafeEntry,任何时间超过500人的活动和一些夜生活场所除外。

No need to do COVID-19 tests to enter Singapore for fully vaccinated travellers.

完全接种疫苗的旅客无需进行 COVID-19 测试即可进入新加坡。

Removal of vaccination-differentiated safe management measures except for F&B outlets, including coffee shops and hawker centres, nightlife spots where dancing is allowed, event with more than 500 people at any one time.

取消除餐饮场所外的疫苗接种差异化安全管理措施,包括咖啡店和小贩中心、允许跳舞的夜生活场所、任何时间超过500人的活动。